Saturday, March 30, 2013

Lightning at the Lake

Hello everyone!  This is my (Jason's) first post to the WXtreme Chase Team blog.  I began chasing with the team in 2012 after meeting Eugene at ChaserCon in Denver.  For the upcoming 2013 storm season I decided to collaborate with Eugene and begin offering my photos, video and general storm input here instead of my old site at epic storms.  I couldn't think of a better starting blog than to share some pictures of storms I captured last weekend.

On March 30th some severe storms went up about 100 miles to my south.  It was getting dark so I went to Lake Hefner which is only a few miles from my house to see if I could capture some lightning with nice reflection on the water.  Here are a few of the resulting images.








I have a lot yet to learn when it comes to photography, but after Eugene convinced me to buy the Panasonic GH2 I couldn't help but share some of my first shots with the new camera.  I'm very excited to be a part of this team and can't wait to share some amazing tornado pictures here in the near future!

2 comments:

  1. Great Pictures Jason, every one of them. Keep up the great work and get ready for some more great photos in a few days and keep posting!

    ReplyDelete